Walking advice and preparation
Guernsey FC’s Ross Allen talks to some experienced walkers to get some hints and tips.
Watch Ben & Jake demonstrate the exercise regime. There is more advice below including a suggested programme for you to follow.
BEN AND JAKE'S TOP 10 WALKING TIPS
● Sensible and comfortable shoes.
● Keep hydrated, drink lots of water.
● Food, you need to keep a steady intake of food to
provide energy, the best is high protein and sugar.
● Lightweight shoes.
● Loose comfortable clothing.
● Sun Cream to prevent sunburn.
● Rub vaseline on feet before putting shoes on.
● Eat high protein meal night before walk
● Walk at a steady pace, don’t go hard at the start and tire
● Set a target time so you stay motivated